A Penny for Your Thoughts®
A Penny for Your Thoughts is a fun & easy virtual, in-person or drive-through fundraising campaign that helps fund caregiver support programs. In addition, the program engages participants in philanthropy and shares the importance of supporting research and treatment for those suffering from brain diseases.
There are so many ways to engage in small change fundraising. Together we can help get you started...it's as easy as 1, 2, 3...with programs customizable for individuals, schools and businesses.
Example of a school program below.
- Sign Up: When you're ready to jump in please call 702.263.9797 or email Specialevents@ccf.org
TIP #1: Fundraise any month of the year - so select one where you know you'll see success!
2. Collect Change: Challenge all students, classes and colleagues to collect change throughout a selected week.
- Virtual campaign: you will receive a dedicated fundraising site with you schools logo. All information, videos and donation options are included in your website.
- In-person campaign: flyers will be provided to post and share to explain the fundraising initiative, or you can create your own
TIP #2: Create your own unique incentive and encourage students to look for loose change in their couches, cars, and pockets.
3. Challenge Day: On your selected date, create your own hype and schedule an exciting assembly to collect all the change from each classroom at one time, or simply collect the change in the front office during a certain class period.
TIP #3: Raise the stakes and challenge neighboring schools and go head-to-head to see who will be crowned the fundraising champion.
4. Count the Change: When you are ready to count your change, have a school administrator reach out to the Keep Memory Alive team. Our team will assist with scheduling a time at your nearest Stations Casino property (our community partner) to count the change your school raises. Once counted, the cashier will give you a receipt and cash for the total amount.
TIP #4: We suggest utilizing a new trash bin and adhering wheels to the bottom, or simply using a cart with a plastic bin to collect all the loose change. This will make it easy to transport for counting!
5. Donate to Keep Memory Alive: Deposit the amount counted into your school’s bank account. You can donate online via this link, or send a check made out to Keep Memory Alive to 888 W. Bonneville Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89106.
To get started, please call: 702.263.9797 or email Specialevents@ccf.org